This is the list of much needed items we are collecting for people in Calais. Can you help?
- Tents (especially 4 man)
- Sleeping bags
- Heavy duty rubbish bags
- Men’s warm winter clothes (Small & Medium) and teen size
- Water proofs -not too heavy duty
- Scarves, hats & gloves
- Men’s Shoes – runners & walking shoes only, WELLIES
- Candles & torches with batteries, wind up, head torches
- Toothpaste, tooth brushes, disposable razors
- Shaving foam
- Tissues Wet wipes
- Toiletries bags
- Bike & puncture repair kits & bike tools – BIKES
- Deflated footballs and pumps
- Medicines & first aid supplies (please see below)
- Large, commercial size, cooking pots
- Little greeting messages, playing cards, small items to be found in the toiletries bags
- No food as this will be purchased in Calais to allow more room for other goods to be transported. At the moment there is enough stuff collected for women and children but that might change soon so watch out for notice.
To all people who are collecting and donating stuff, PLEASE check the list what is needed.
NO woman & kids – it is taking ages to sort it and it is not going to go to Calais so there is a storage issue as well.
Also PLEASE wash it before donating; no underwear unless its new; nothing you will not give to your friends. Please.
The way we are sorting clothes at the moment is more less:
- Jackets & coats
- Trousers, track suits, belts
- Shoes tied in pairs
- T-shirts, tops & shirts
- Socks and new underwear
- Hats, scarves & gloves
- Toiletries (also on the list) – first aid etc – tents – sleeping bags
Permethrin cream 5%
Crotaniton lotion/cream 10%
Non latex gloves-small, med, large
Disposable protective clothing
First AID kits for group of 4:
2 absorbent compress dressings (5 x 9 inches)
25 adhesive bandages (assorted sizes)
1 adhesive cloth tape (10 yards x 1 inch)
5 antibiotic ointment packets (approximately 1 gram)
5 antiseptic wipe packets
2 packets of aspirin (81 mg each)
1 blanket (space blanket)
1 breathing barrier (with one-way valve)
1 instant cold compress
2 pair of nonlatex gloves (size: large)
2 hydrocortisone ointment packets (approximately 1 gram each)
1 roller bandage (3 inches wide)
1 roller bandage (4 inches wide)
5 sterile gauze pads (3 x 3 inches)
5 sterile gauze pads (4 x 4 inches)
Oral thermometer (non-mercury/nonglass)
2 triangular bandages
You can organise a group in your collection point to sort it that way, it will make it much easier for everyone and way more efficient.
Many Thanks!!! You are all Fantastic!!!!